2017 SC INBRE Academic Leadership Summer Workshop
June 8-9, 2017
Workshop included sessions on NIH Funding: Developing your Grant Application (for Faculty and Postdocs): finding funding opportunities, what is the right grant for me?, developing a biosketch and more and Career Planning and Leadership Skills (sessions for Faculty, Postdocs and Students): Mentoring, getting the most out of your summer experience, how to develop a network and find collaborators and more.
Almost 150 undergrads through seasoned faculty attended the two day sessions hosted at the USC School of Medicine.
- Budget Fundatmentals
- Developing a Biosketch
- EPSCoR/IDeA Programs and Funding Opportunities
- Grants and Grant Writing
- Innovation by Design
- Lab Management 101
- NIH Grants - The Process
- Peer Review
- What makes a good hypothesis?
- Why is Having a Mentor so Important?
- Writing effective critiques for NIH Fellowship (F31 and F32) applications
- Workshop Booklet
- Workshop Registration Packet
Page updated June 28, 2017